The Department of Dermatology is fully organized and equipped to address a wide range of dermatological conditions.
We provide high quality services both in the fields of clinical and cosmetic dermatology.
In the Department of Dermatology, acute and chronic dermatoses are treated, such as:
- Acne and other diseases of the sebaceous glands
- hair and nail diseases
- acute and chronic eczema
- benign and malignant skin tumors
- sexually transmitted diseases and others
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology provides comprehensive care related to diseases of the digestive tract, liver and pancreas.
Our patients have access to renowned digestive health experts, advanced diagnostic and treatment facilities, and innovative clinical research, aiming to address disorders, such as gastrointestinal bleeding, biliary and pancreatic disease, swallowing disorders, severe liver disease, hepatitis C, cancer and inflammatory bowel disease.
Our team of doctors and nurses specialize in the latest diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, including advanced endoscopic procedures.
Some of the most common diagnostic tests and treatments we offer at the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology include:
- Upper and lower digestive endoscopies (gastroscopy, colonoscopy)
- Invasive endoscopy, stent placement, removal of polyps and foreign bodies, laser, hemostasis
- Double balloon, endoscopic examination of the small intestine
- Laser of upper and lower digestive tract
- Esophageal manometry and PH measurement with IMPEDANCE
- Rectal biofeedback rectal
- Rectal manometry
- Hepatological testing
With endoscopy, the gastroenterologist observes the entire inner surface of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, and colon with the help of an endoscope.
Diagnostic endoscopy is performed in the upper (esophagus, stomach, and duodenum) or in the lower digestive system (colon) in outpatients in order to diagnose lesions, take biopsies and histologically confirm the diagnosis.
Invasive endoscopy is used in order to remove polyps and small superficial cancers. Also, with the help of radiology, can bile the bile tree and pancreatic pores.
Our results are internationally recognized and success rates are comparable -or even higher- to the ones of the most renowned medical centers worldwide.
The Department of General Surgery applies pioneering surgical approaches covering the full range of conditions that require surgical treatment, on a 24-hour basis, in scheduled or emergency operations. It also includes a day clinic for rapid recovery and low cost micro -operations.
Our experienced surgeons specialize in the latest methods and techniques in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Radiofrequencies and Laser, as well as conventional Open Surgery, covering the whole range of specialties and sub-specialties of General Surgery.
We aim to offer the ideal patient experience offering personalized care in a friendly and supportive atmosphere, as well as opting, when possible, for minimally invasive procedures in order to minimize your discomfort, accelerate your recovery and eliminate the possibility of complications.
We treat disorders of the vital organs of the upper and lower abdomen, upper and lower digestive tract, rectum, liver, pancreas, spleen, adrenal glands, thyroid and parathyroid glands, chest and breast.
More specifically we treat benign conditions, such as:
- gastroesophageal reflux
- esophagus achalasia
- benign tumors of the stomach
- benign small bowel malignancies
- cholecystopathies (cholelithiasis, cholecystitis, cholangitis), pancreatitis
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis)
- colorectal diverticulitis
- renal disorders (hemorrhoids, fistulas)
- pilonidal cyst
- benign liver disease (cysts, abscesses, etc.)
- benign pancreatic disorders
- hematological or other evidence for splenectomy
- adrenal adenoma, pheochromocytoma
- evidence of thyroidectomy
- parathyroid adenoma
- benign chest masses
- obesity and Type 2 diabetes mellitus
We also treat malignant conditions, such as:
- Upper and lower abdominal tumors
- Neoplasms of the upper and lower digestive tract
- Rectal neoplasia
- Neoplasms of the liver – pancreas – spleen
- Thyroid neoplasms
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms
- Chest and esophagus neoplasms
- Gynecological cancer (in collaboration with the gynecological department)
- Breast neoplasias
Distinguished scientists with academic and professional careers in leading Universities and Hospitals in Europe and the US, apply the latest therapeutic and diagnostic protocols such as, indicatively:
- Combination Chemotherapy for solid tumors
- New drugs administered as part of international clinical trials
- Application of second line treatments
- Combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Innovative treatments for prostate cancer
- Immunotherapy for several tumor types
- Clinic genetic counseling for inherited cancer
- Targeted gene and biological treatments
- Marrow immunophenotype and karyotype
- FISH Molecular analysis
The Medical Oncology department is involved in a variety of pioneering programs and offers patients access to promising medicines before they even begin marketing.
Also, Medical Oncology department works closely with the Radiation Oncology department for the application of chemotherapy protocols, according to the standards of the most highly esteemed Oncology Centers abroad.
The Oncology Board is a treatment planning body in which a group of doctors who are experts in different disciplines review and discuss the medical condition and treatment options of a patient.
During an Oncology Board meeting, experts in radiology, radiodiagnosis and pathology will present the essential findings on biopsies and imaging tests (CT, MRI, PET/CT, etc) while one of your personal physicians describes your case. Treatment discussions then follow, led by medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, as well as other medical specialists pertinent to your cases. The aim of the Oncology Board is to use the collective wisdom of its expert-members to produce the best possible treatment and care plan for you.
At Athens Medical Group the Oncology Board offers a multidisciplinary approach to patients incorporating all new developments in treatment and participation in clinical trials. Also, it provides a forum for the sharing of research findings and the education of the hospitals’ medical staff.
Depending on the case, the Oncology Board may include leaders in the following disciplines:
- Internal Pathology Department Oncologists Pathologists
- Surgical Oncologists
- Radiodiagnosis Specialists
- Radiation Physicists
- Interventional Radiologists
- Nuclear Medicine Physicians
- Pain Specialists
- Physiatrists – Physiotherapists
- Psychologists and others
The Department of Pulmonary Medicine provides personalized care for patients with respiratory conditions and disorders. Working closely with the Department of Thoracic Surgery, we provide comprehensive care and treatment for the full range of pulmonary diseases, from cystic fibrosis, to chronic asthma and lung cancer.
Our pulmonary medicine physicians are trained in internationally renowned medical institutions and integrate patient care with the latest developments in medical science and technology in the pursuit of life-changing treatments and cures.
We are committed to caring for the critically ill and providing an ideal patient experience focusing on personalized care. Additionally, specific outpatient clinics perform daily examinations of patients with chronic and acute respiratory diseases and check – ups, as well as thorough and specialized examinations and endoscopic operations.
The following pulmonary diseases are treated, among else, in the Department:
- Acute bronchitis
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), chronic bronchitis and emphysema
- Pulmonary embolism
- Thoracic tumors
- Lung cancer
- Medial Pulmonary Diseases
- Sleep apnea
Thanks to its pioneering physicians, sophisticated equipment and experienced staff, AMG’s Department of Radiation Oncology has proven record of superior outcomes for patients who have been diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer.
Our specialists will work with you and as part of your personal care team to develop and implement a safe, personalized radiation therapy plan that reflects your needs.
Pioneering technological advances for the benefit of our patients include:
- The latest Synergy equipment of Elekta
- Computed Tomography –based simulation system
- Radiotherapy planning (3D, IMRT, VMAT, IGRT)
Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) is a form of high-precision radiotherapy that uses linear accelerators with the help of a computer to direct precise radiation doses on or inside a malignant tumor.
As a result of IMRT application, the following can be achieved:
- Shrinkage or elimination of tumors considered unresectable
- Improvement in life expectancy and quality of life
- Very high success rates
- Interstitial Brachytherapy after 3D planning under ultrasound or CT guidance.
Radio-diagnostic imaging can open a window in the human body and offer unique insight on the presence and extent of cancer.
The Radiodiagnostic Department is equipped with the latest radiological digital technology systems and staffed with highly experienced and well trained radiologists and technologists.
Our equipment includes multi-slice Computed Tomography scanners of up to 128 slices/sec, Magnetic Resonance Imaging scanners of up to 3 Tesla, as well as Angiographers and Ultrasonographers of the latest technology.
We offer a wide array of diagnostic tests, including:
Computed Tomography – Magnetic Resonance Imaging – Diagnosis
- CT colonography
- CT pyelography
- Ultra-fast Magnetic Resonance Mammography
- Detection of gynecological cancer
- Multiparametric prostate cancer detection
- Magnetic resonance enterography enteroclysis / proctography
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy of brain, breast, liver, prostate
- Magnetic resonance arthrography
- Characterization and staging of brain tumors
- Magnetic resonance tractography
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Quantification of vascularity and measurement of tumor response to chemotherapy
- Whole-body MRI with diffusion sequences
- Liver, kidney, spleen, pancreas examination through the injection of SONOVUE contrast
- Certification of vascularization and measurement of tumor response to chemotherapy
- Intraoperative liver ultrasound with or without injection of SONOVUE contrast
- FNA of thyroid, lymph nodes, neck
- Targeted prostate biopsy
Interventional Radiology uses sophisticated imaging guidance to provide diagnosis and perform minimally invasive treatments allowing for many conditions to be successfully treated without the need for conventional surgery.
The applications of Interventional Radiology in Oncology multifocal, allowing for:
- Treating patients with previously unresectable tumors.
- Shrinkage or elimination of tumors before surgery.
- Increase in life expectancy and / or cure, even in cases of large tumors
- Improvement in the quality of life of cancer patients.
Interventional radiology procedures are performed with local anesthesia under direct x-ray examination and after percutaneous puncture.
The Department of Radiology offers a wide range of operations, including:
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Diagnosis with percutaneous biopsy
- Palliative/ symptomatic treatment through the percutaneous approach
- Biliary drainage – Stent placement
- Chemoembolization of liver tumors
- Tumor embolization preoperatively
- Radiofrequency ablation and Microwave ablation in inoperable primary or secondary liver tumors
- Selective embolization of bleedings or tumors of the liver
- Venous blood sampling from various points of the venous system to identify benign or malignant tumors
The Department of Thoracic Surgery is dedicated to the prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of chest (thorax) and esophagus conditions.
We follow a multi-disciplinary approach aiming to provide comprehensive care to our patients and we constantly expand our therapeutic approaches giving emphasis on minimally invasive procedures and robotic-assisted technology.
Our expert and experienced surgeons perform a wide range of operations, ranging from the most frequent to the rarest and most complex ones to treat various conditions, such as:
- Lung cancer
- Benign diseases and tumors of the lung
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign esophageal diseases (such as achalasia and strictures)
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Mediastinal tumors and disorders
- Pleural diseases (such as pneumothorax)
- Chest injuries
- Chest wall tumors
The Department of Urology has a vast experience in the diagnosis, treatment and cure of even the most complex urological problems in both children and adults.
It is our commitment to always be at the forefront of advances in medical science and technology in the field of Urology, applying them for the benefit of newly diagnosed cancer patients as well as for men and women that seek comprehensive and preventive healthcare.
Our team of doctors is widely acknowledged both for their knowledge, experience and expertise, as well as their compassion and care for their patients.
We are leaders in clinical practice and education, experts in complex and minimally invasive procedures involving endoscopy, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery, with the latter being one of the most popular in Athens Medical Group.
The treatments we provide include:
- Radical or partial nephrectomy
- Adrenal adhesion
- Radical prostatectomy (with or without lymphadenectomy)
- Radical cystectomy with lymphadenectomy
- Rigid retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy
- Surgical treatment of penile disorders (Peyronie, penile cancer, phalloplasty, phimosis-circumcision)
- Surgical treatment of testicular disorders (hydrocele, varicocele, testicular cancer, cryptorchidism)
- Transurethral removal of bladder tumor,
- Transurethral prostatectomy (Turis method or green laser light)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Ureteroscopy with removal of stones or tumors
- Endoscopic lithotripsy of bladder stones
- Extracorporeal lithotripsy
The distinctiveness of the Urology Department has received international recognition it has been acknowledged as a Urology Center for international patients.
The Department of Gynecology is dedicated in providing women with the most advanced care covering the entire diagnostic and therapeutic spectrum of a woman’s health.
Our distinguished scientists and well trained nursing staff serve one goal: to combine sophisticated science and modern technology with sensitivity in order to offer to every woman comprehensive and personalized medical care.
For this purpose we have a multidisciplinary approach, working closely with other medical specialties, such as cardiovascular medicine, orthopedics and neurology.
We offer complete outpatient and inpatient gynecologic care, making use of the latest advances in medical science and technology. As such, we emphasize on minimally invasive and robotic treatments for both common and complex disorders. Our experts have successfully performed thousands of laparoscopic operations and hysteroscopies with absolute success, in a pioneering endoscopic environment.
We also believe that every woman is entitled to high quality medical and nursing services in comfortable and luxurious spaces at a cost that does not lead to exclusion. This is why we provide our patients with information regarding every step that they need to tale and work closely with them in order to help them make the best decisions.
The Department of Gynecology is structured in such a way as to cover all the diagnostic and therapeutic range for the woman’s health.
We carry out the whole range of surgical operations related to a woman’s health, including:
- removal of uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts
- total or subtotal hysterectomy
- treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (anterior and posterior colporrhaphy)
- placement of meshes
- surgical treatment of gynecological cancer (radical hysterectomy, pelvic node dissection – lymphadenectomy, epiplectomy)
Our infra-structure is also ideal for providing short-term care for safely and effectively performing operations, such as diagnostic uterine curettage, removal of polyps, insertion of the endometrial glomeruli and laser therapy for genital warts.
DIGITAL BIRTH REGISTRATION
The responsibility for the digital birth registration lies with those who are exercising the parental care for the child, namely:
- The parents of the child, jointly
- In the event of the mother’s death or in the event of the child’s abandonment by his mother, the father of the child
- In the case of a single-parent family, the mother of the child
- After the birth of their child, parents are kindly requested to visit Patient Admissions Office within 10 days, otherwise an administrative fine shall be imposed pursuant to art.4, par.15 of L.344/2013.
- The application for the birth allowance must be submitted by the mother within 3 months of the birth of the child. The methods of submitting the application are as follows:
- through the digital birth registration of the child by the authorized employees of Patient Admissions Office or
- through the OPEKA’s (Organization of Welfare Benefits and Social Solidarity) Child Birth Allowance web application: https://epidomagennisis.gr / (using the taxisnet codes), or
- in person, through the Municipality’s Community Centres by authorized users.
SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The citizen (parent/ whoever is exercising the parental care) submits to the employee of the Patient Admissions Office/Department only the necessary identification documents of the two parents. By Greek law, these are:
- in the case of Greek citizens, the identity card or the passport or the driving license or the individual health booklet (article 25 of law 3731/2008- Government Gazette A’ 263), whether in force or not,
- in the case of citizens of a Member State of the European Union, the valid identity card or passport of their country,
- in the case of third-country nationals, a valid passport or other travel document recognized by international conventions, as well as a visa to enter our country or a residence permit proving that they have entered and live legally in the country. Another case is the Applicant for International Protection (Ministerial Decision 4831 / Government Gazette Β΄ 1841/2013), to those who have been granted asylum.
VALIDATION CHECKING OF THE BIRTH REGISTRATION DETAILS
CONFIRMATION & SIGNATURE OF THE BIRTH REGISTRATION
The employee of the Patient Admissions Office prints the birth registration so that parents check and confirm that the information stated is correct as it has been entered in the system. After the check has been carried out and the stated information has been confirmed by the parents, the printed birth registration is signed by the parents and the doctor. Subsequently, the signed birth registration is stored in the file of obstetrics department and finalized.
ISSUANCE OF THE CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- You may visit Citizens’ Service Centres (KEP) for the issuance of your child’s birth certificate or visit the website https://www.gov.gr.
- The Social Security Registration Number (AMKA) is printed on the birth certificat
EUROPEAN INTERBALKAN MEDICAL CENTER
From Monday to Friday, 11:30 – 14:00
Patient Admissions Office of European Interbalcan Medical Center’s Obstetrics Department – ground floor.
For more information, please contact Municipality Registry Office +302313302627, Address: 1, K. Palaiologou Str. Pylaias – Chortiati, Thessaloniki, Greece.
SOCIAL SECURITY REGISTRATION NUMBER (AMKA)
EUROPEAN INTERBALKAN MEDICAL CENTER
Following the issuance of their child’s birth certificate, parents are kindly requested to contact the Patient Admissions Office of European Interbalkan Medical Center and provide their child’s Social Security Registration Number (AMKA).
Direct lines: +302310400203
- Joint Ministerial Decision of the Ministers of Labor & Social Affairs, Health, Interior and State, (Government Gazette Β’ 404) “Arrangements for the digitization of the birth registration process”.
- December 2020, of the Secretariat General of Digital Governance & Simplification of Procedures. Hellenic Republic. Ministry of Digital Governance.